Traffic impact indicators in the Helsinki metropolitan area
This page is a variable.
The page identifier is Op_en2626
|Moderator:Nobody (see all)|
Click here to sign up.
Give your opinion to the peer rating of the content of this page.
What are the values of the following traffic indicators in the Helsinki metropolitan area (Greater Helsinki) (HMA) during a regular workday?
- Total number of trips (#).
- Number of trips, divided into several trips using different transport modes during one trip, if relevant (#).
- Vehicle kilometres driven (by vehicle type) (km).
- Maximum number of parking lots needed during the day (by area) (#).
- The number of vehicles driving along the most busy road in the HMA during the morning rush hour 8.00 - 9.00 (#/h).
- Number of vehicles needed to provide the transport service needed (#).
- Average time of waiting for the vehicle and changing the vehicle (min).
The result is based on a model. There is little direct data, but the total number of private cars in the area is known: 430000 (Check).
The result domain is the following:
- The coverage of composite traffic may span from zero to the whole area.
- The fraction of composite traffic of all trips may span from 0% to 100%.
The formula is defined as an Analytica model file. The computation is based on aggregating the composite traffic trip into the same vehicles, if the origin, destination, and the time are the same. This includes trips that are divided into two halves to increase the yield of matching trips.
- Reference needed